As the Talent & Development Business Partner (Manager), Manufacturing, your main responsibility is to assist our production team in a fast paced manufacturing environment. You provide support and co-ordinate in the consistent and effective application of policies, procedures, and practices of Human Resources for all team members. Responsibilities include Employee Relations; Health and Safety; Recruitment, Training, Time and Attendance and other tasks as required. Previous experience in a human resources manufacturing environment is essential.
- Actively work as a liaison between Operations, Team Members (agency and full time), Talent & Development
- Responsible for overseeing all agency communications; as well as assisting Operations Leaders, Shift Leaders, Group Leaders and Team Leaders with Team member employee relations
- Oversee and communicate to agencies FGF policies, protocol and new initiatives
- Work with Health & Safety team and foster a H&S culture by participating in H&S training and the H&S Committee meetings
- Actively participates as a Health & Safety advocate as required
- Reviews resumes and coordinates interviews with Agencies and Operation Leaders - to ensure “Key Role” (Mixers, Depositors, Oven Operators, Packaging Operators, Forklift Operators) candidates have the required skill set, availability and attitude to work within the appropriate plant
- Works closely with Operations Leaders per plant, to determine their current and upcoming Staffing needs
- Tracks and monitors all temp agency orders; provide feedback and clarification to agencies regarding candidates interviewed
- Gathers feedback from agencies on an ongoing basis, regarding our internal requests and summarizing challenges in order to create an ops/agency action plan always striving for continuous improvement
- Manages and oversees all training required documentation for Key Roles (Mixers, Depositors)
- In conjunction with all key stakeholders, problem solve and trouble shoot any issues or challenges
- Oversees any team associate payroll issues/invoicing to ensure they are resolved
- Manage the daily payroll approval process for production Team Members and manage the Time and Attendance system for hourly plant staff
- Set up new Team Members in the Time and Attendance system
- In conjunction with Operations Leaders, assists and participates in most Performance Evaluations related to team members along with the appropriate Operations Leaders
- Assist with T&D/Operations projects as assigned
- Mentor/coach and lead Talent & Development Site Coordinators (2)
- Manage and participate in Internal Job positing process.
- Minimum 4 years related experience in a similar role
- Post-secondary education in Human Resources or a related field
- Good understanding/working knowledge of HR policies/procedures, benefits and employee relations
- Proven competency in the operation of key office software and productivity tools such as: MS Office suite of tools, working knowledge of an HRIS
- Experience with Health & Safety initiatives (previous experience as a H&S committee member required)
- Manufacturing experience required
- Health & Safety certification highly desired
- Leadship experience
- Customer and Product Centricity - Responds to the needs of both internal and external customers in a timely and courteous manner, showing a sense of urgency; always keeping our products front and centre.
- Flexibility, Agility, Adaptability - Adapts to changes; changes strategy in response to new information; responds appropriately and quickly without having all parameters defined; demonstrate tolerance for speed and uncertainty.
- Team Work and Collaboration - Uses appropriate interpersonal styles and methods of communication to gain agreement or acceptance of a plan or activity. Is effective in building constructive relationships; uses tact; interacts with others in an open, friendly manner, encourages collaboration.
- Passion for Excellence – Always looks for ways to improve effectiveness or efficiency, making recommendation to increase productivity in quality of work; develops innovative solutions, challenges the status quo. To be the best, never compromising.
- Drives Execution - Takes risks, learn from their mistakes, builds trust and is a role model to others. Has a “hands-on” style; is aggressive in achieving desired results.
Energizes and Mobilizes Team Members
- Team Member Selection – Takes ownership for selecting the right talent for the right role.
- Team Member Development – Continually develops and upgrades team members; coaching and sharing knowledge and experience, uses appropriate style and methods in enabling team to be successful.
- Team Member Engagement – Creates an environment where people enjoy working hard towards achieving mission, including creating an environment of fun and celebration while delivering results.
Creates Winning Relationships
- Performance and Development Feedback – Communicates clear performance expectations, providing feedback in a straight forward and timely manner.
- Empowerment – Delegates effectively, providing support and opportunities for growth through empowering others.
- Change Management – Communicates change positively and seeks to enable change. Generates excitement to inspire others. Always communicating in an open manner.
- Consensus Building – Is effective at consensus building, always doing what is right for the business. Adheres to our mindset of no politics.