The Sanitation Facilities Coordinator reports to the VP, Food Safety, Quality & Sanitation while supporting the Corporate Sanitation Leaders. The Sanitation Facilities Coordinator will work closely with each Site Sanitation Leader to ensure the overall Sanitation program complies in the areas of internal audits, Customer, Regulatory and BRC Standards and perform other duties as required.
- Responsible for tracking and ensuring training of new and existing team members on proper sanitation procedures (SSOP’s) and safety training.
- Monitors, tracks, and maintains chemical usage including SDS’s and inventory control within each facility.
- Participates in Weekly/Monthly Sanitation meetings, ensures all action items are documented and followed up on with each Site Sanitation Leader.
- Create and update Sanitation Standard Operating Procedures (SSOP’s) working with each facility leads, chemical suppliers and other resources.
- Utilize continuous improvement tools to improve the sanitation program through problem resolution and transferring of best practices between facilities.
- Ensure Sanitation completes the commission checklist for new processes and equipment installations at each facility.
- Maintain a list of equipment issues and updates the Engineering list.
- Participates in facility inspections and self-audits to identify issues regarding Food Safety, BRC compliance and Health & Safety.
- Initiates requests to the Maintenance Coordinator for repairs and/or work orders to maintain Sanitation equipment.
- Coordinate with all SSL’s to ensure that our waste water lab results are always up to date in P Drive
- Keeping an efficient work pace in order to complete all necessary tasks.
- Perform other duties assigned by the Sanitation Site Leader, Maintenance and Production when necessary.
Required Skills &Experience
- Post-secondary education; a minimum of 2 years in a food manufacturing environment strongly preferred.
- Knowledgeable in Sanitation cleaning (wet/dry), CIP systems and sanitary design in a food manufacturing environment.
- Knowledgeable with BRC standard, GMP rules and Food Safety guidelines; wear proper PPE and follow all safety guidelines.
- Continuous improvement skills a plus.
- Computer skills in Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook
- LOTO and WHMIS training desired.
- Good written and verbal communication skills.
- Must have a valid driver’s license.
- Customer and Product Centricity - Responds to the needs of both internal and external customers in a timely and courteous manner, showing a sense of urgency; always keeping our products front and centre.
- Flexibility, Agility, Adaptability - Adapts to changes; changes strategy in response to new information; responds appropriately and quickly without having all parameters defined; demonstrate tolerance for speed and uncertainty.
- Team Work and Collaboration - Uses appropriate interpersonal styles and methods of communication to gain agreement or acceptance of a plan or activity. Is effective in building constructive relationships; uses tact; interacts with others in an open, friendly manner, encourages collaboration.
- Passion for Excellence – Always looks for ways to improve effectiveness or efficiency, making recommendation to increase productivity in quality of work; develops innovative solutions, challenges the status quo. To be the best, never compromising.
- Drives Execution - Takes risks, learn from their mistakes, builds trust and is a role model to others. Has a “hands-on” style; is aggressive in achieving desired results.