The T&D Event and Team Member Coordinator role will provide both administrative support to the T&D Directors (5) as well as plan and execute Team Member events throughout the year. The T&D Coordinator, under the supervision of the T&D Directors will aid in planning and executing all event logistics both pre, during and post event ensuring all deliverables are met within the event timelines. The role will also provide support in planning and execution of all T&D Team Member initiatives, including meeting planning, communications and other tasks as assigned by the Directors.
- For annual events in, collaboration with event planning teams, design agendas, action plans, update as required and provide detailed summaries of event execution to T&D and operations teams
- Develop and manage contract relationships with external service providers (negotiate and manage contracts, review performance against contract terms and budget) as well as internal providers including our culinary team and operations
- Engaging in ongoing liaison with vendors to establish a mutual working relationship for future events. i.e: Event spaces, decor companies, speakers, promotional companies, videographers/photographers, etc.
- Providing complete onsite supervision of event including pre-event set up, onsite execution and tear down
- Liaison with T&D, operations team and the culinary team to execute upcoming events
- Signature events include: New kick-off party, June Leadership Summit, September Smackdown event
- Additional events include: Plant Town Hall meetings (twice a year at all locations), Summer and Holiday seasonal lunches (Plants and Home Office), pop-up parties Foodie Bootcamp and Town Hall meetings at Home Office
- Maintain event calendar and collect event feedback for continuous improvement of events
- May conduct quality assurance checks to ensure service standards are being met
- Support T&D Directors in developing and updating materials such as Team Member handbooks (including H&S), Communication board materials, Raffles, T&D info booths (January), etc.
- Back-up front reception coverage as required
- Other duties as assigned
- Minimum 2 years of experience in Event Planning
- Experience in customer/client relationship management
- Hands – on experience coordinating multiple events
- MS office proficiency
- Advanced organization and follow up skills with the ability to handle multiple assignments
- Extremely organized and possess sound time-management skills
- Excellent professional and diplomatic communication skills - written and verbal
- Ability to source and assess suppliers/vendors
- Able to effectively communicate relevant project information to peers and vendors
- Inclined to take ownership of a project and follow through to completion
- Able and willing to do hands-on work as required
- Ability and flexibility to travel at various times throughout the year as required
- Able to work to deadlines with a calm manner
- Responds well under pressure when faced with sudden challenges and can rectify a situation quickly and clearly with a cool, level head
- Customer and Product Centricity - Responds to the needs of both internal and external customers in a timely and courteous manner, showing a sense of urgency; always keeping our products front and centre.
- Flexibility, Agility, Adaptability - Adapts to changes; changes strategy in response to new information; responds appropriately and quickly without having all parameters defined; demonstrate tolerance for speed and uncertainty.
- Team Work and Collaboration - Uses appropriate interpersonal styles and methods of communication to gain agreement or acceptance of a plan or activity. Is effective in building constructive relationships; uses tact; interacts with others in an open, friendly manner, encourages collaboration.
- Passion for Excellence – Always looks for ways to improve effectiveness or efficiency, making recommendation to increase productivity in quality of work; develops innovative solutions, challenges the status quo. To be the best, never compromising.
- Drives Execution - Takes risks, learn from their mistakes, builds trust and is a role model to others. Has a “hands-on” style; is aggressive in achieving desired results.