This new role is an addition to our growing procurement team and is focusing on strategic sourcing efficiencies for MRO and services category. Reporting to procurement team lead, MRO Sourcing Specialist will be responsible to source and manage suppliers, pricing and contracts for all MRO and Services spend categories.
- Compile and analyze major areas of MRO and service categories spend to find cost savings and optimization opportunities.
- Analyze and find ways to optimize inventory handling and buying process for MRO and Service categories.
- Analyze all category bid proposals to find most cost effective and most reliable solution to category requirements.
- Source and approve new suppliers or items within MRO and Service categories as per mandatory GFSI, allergens management regulations , occupational and health safety requirements.
- Negotiate MRO and Service category agreements.
- Responsible for total cost of ownership evaluation for MRO and Service categories.
- Responsible for developing and maintaining entrusted supplier relationships, monitoring and managing supplier performance for further action where required.
- Monitor ongoing adherence of supplier performance, price consistency and quality to supply agreement terms and requirements.
- Using continuous improvement methodologies, adjust MRO category buying process to changes in business requirements.
- Monitor frequency of purchases within managed categories and recommend possible options to increase effectiveness of, or consolidate purchasing requirements into most efficient workflow.
- Work with multiple manufacturing sites to identify and address issues and opportunities within managed categories.
- Work within available software and ERP tools to monitor and optimize online bidding process within managed categories.
- Other tasks as assigned
- 3-5 years of experience leading MRO or service contracting or procurement process within manufacturing environment is strongly preferred.
- Team leading experience within cross functional team environment is an asset.
- Post-secondary education in Business, Economics, Accounting or Finance.
- Intermediate to Advanced Excel level.
- Strong knowledge of MS Office, Powerpoint, Outlook
- Experience with ERP/MRP processes, SAP experience preferred.
- Experience with demand forecasting and planning principles.
- Able to effectively communicate with all levels of the organization both internally and externally in both written and oral form.
- Excellent time and project management skills.
- Customer and Product Centricity - Responds to the needs of both internal and external customers in a timely and courteous manner, showing a sense of urgency; always keeping our products front and centre.
- Flexibility, Agility, Adaptability - Adapts to changes; changes strategy in response to new information; responds appropriately and quickly without having all parameters defined; demonstrate tolerance for speed and uncertainty.
- Team Work and Collaboration - Uses appropriate interpersonal styles and methods of communication to gain agreement or acceptance of a plan or activity. Is effective in building constructive relationships; uses tact; interacts with others in an open, friendly manner, encourages collaboration.
- Passion for Excellence – Always looks for ways to improve effectiveness or efficiency, making recommendation to increase productivity in quality of work; develops innovative solutions, challenges the status quo. To be the best, never compromising.
- Drives Execution - Takes risks, learn from their mistakes, builds trust and is a role model to others. Has a “hands-on” style; is aggressive in achieving desired results.
Energizes and Mobilizes Team Members
- Team Member Selection – Takes ownership for selecting the right talent for the right role.
- Team Member Development – Continually develops and upgrades team members; coaching and sharing knowledge and experience, uses appropriate style and methods in enabling team to be successful.
- Team Member Engagement – Creates an environment where people enjoy working hard towards achieving mission, including creating an environment of fun and celebration while delivering results.
Creates Winning Relationships
- Performance and Development Feedback – Communicates clear performance expectations, providing feedback in a straight forward and timely manner.
- Empowerment – Delegates effectively, providing support and opportunities for growth through empowering others.
- Change Management – Communicates change positively and seeks to enable change. Generates excitement to inspire others. Always communicating in an open manner.
- Consensus Building – Is effective at consensus building, always doing what is right for the business. Adheres to our mindset of no politics.