The Project Engineer is responsible for providing technical support to the Infrastructure Engineering team and manage the execution of capital projects for all FGF manufacturing facilities
- Provide project engineering and technical support to the Infrastructure Engineering team
- Initiate and maintain control of the capital projects in conformance with aims, goals, and policies of the organization
- Performs technical studies, develops project design & drawings, project scoping, prepares RFQ, cost estimates, execution plan and timelines
- Putting all aspects of personnel and food safety FIRST, to directly oversee major renovation and construction projects (Civil, Mechanical and Electrical) for the upgrading of existing facilities, and to closely follow up with the external resources (Consultants, suppliers, contractors, etc.) to ensure projects are perfectly completed in accordance with design, budget & fast-tracked schedule
- Able to support on critical & facilities troubleshooting situations, evaluate and implement improvements to mitigate repeat issues
- Maintain ownership of documentation and CAD files that represent the current state of the facility, utilities and process equipment
- Professional Engineer (P.Eng.) credential in Ontario is desirable and a definite asset
- Post-secondary education in mechanical engineering is preferred
- 5-10 years’ experience in the field of project & facilities engineering is preferred
- Strong knowledge of various engineering disciplines in construction, architectural & civil engineering, mechanical & electrical systems, building systems such as HVAC, refrigeration systems, sprinklers and fire alarm systems.
- Ability to read and understand advanced engineering drawings and technical manuals
- Experience in a food manufacturing environment is a definite asset
- Good command of the English language is required
- Ability & knowledge to work safety in a construction environment
- Good understanding of all GMP, Health & Safety, OH&S, Food Safety & Environmental regulations and various building code standards such as the Ontario Building code, NFPA, ESA, TSSA, etc
- Excellent computer literacy & skills (MS Office applications) required
- AutoCAD skills would be a major definite asset
- "Roll-up your sleeves” can-do attitude and eager to learn
- Flexibility to adjust to shifting priorities and deadlines
- Role requires a vehicle for travelling between site and off-site locations
- Able to effectively communicate with all types of people, including production team members, engineering team members, contractors, trades workers, technical, consultants and management
- Proven ability to work collaboratively with engineering & production team members
- Ability to make continuous improvement recommendations to improve effectiveness or efficiency of developed technical solutions, does not always assume status quo
- Flexibility to work weekends or evenings when required
- Customer and Product Centricity - Responds to the needs of both internal and external customers in a timely and courteous manner, showing a sense of urgency; always keeping our products front and centre.
- Flexibility, Agility, Adaptability - Adapts to changes; changes strategy in response to new information; responds appropriately and quickly without having all parameters defined; demonstrate tolerance for speed and uncertainty.
- Team Work and Collaboration - Uses appropriate interpersonal styles and methods of communication to gain agreement or acceptance of a plan or activity. Is effective in building constructive relationships; uses tact; interacts with others in an open, friendly manner, encourages collaboration.
- Passion for Excellence – Always looks for ways to improve effectiveness or efficiency, making recommendation to increase productivity in quality of work; develops innovative solutions, challenges the status quo. To be the best, never compromising.
- Drives Execution - Takes risks, learn from their mistakes, builds trust and is a role model to others. Has a “hands-on” style; is aggressive in achieving desired results.