Reporting to the Operations Leader and Site Leader, the Shift Leader is responsible for the efficient shipping and receiving materials and ingredients; all within a fast paced (Just in Time) food manufacturing environment.
- Leads by example and fosters an environment of mutual respect and team work among Team Members
- Conduct pre-shift huddles and provides feedback for Team Members
- Leads, coaches, mentors and trains Team Members
- Responsible for managing all material transfers to production
- Responsible for coordinating all drivers/trucks/carriers as necessary
- Responsible for inventory accuracy and cycle counting process
- Ensures that a safe working environment is maintained at all times by enforcing Company standards and following up on regular inspections
- Oversees the receipt and warehousing of incoming ingredients
- Ensures Operations Management System (OMS) procedures are being followed (entering inventory into the operating system)
- Assists planning team with managing inventory level
- Provides orientation and training as required to ensure an effective and efficient work force
- Follows all GMP’s and Safety Procedures as outlined by FGF
- Ensures every Team Member in the Warehouse area receives their entitled break and proper coverage is provided during each Team Member’s break
- Updates team on daily issues and fosters an environment of continuous improvement
- Acts as a backup to Operations Leader when necessary
- Performs other duties as requested
Required Skills and Experience
- Minimum 1-2 years of experience working in a manufacturing environment (food/bakery experience is desirable)
- Must have a valid forklift operator license (Counter Balance / Raymond Reach) from a recognized training provider
- Excellent time management skills with the ability to multi-task
- Experience with Warehouse Management Systems
- Accuracy and attention to detail and the ability to detect the presence of a quality issue
- Good communication skill, along with strong computer and mathematical abilities
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision
- Physically capable of performing the demands of the role
- Ability to frequently move objects up to 40 kg
- Ability to move from one task to another with minimal distraction
- Flexible to work days, afternoons, nights & weekends if needed
- Post-secondary education an asset
- Customer and Product Centricity - Responds to the needs of both internal and external customers in a timely and courteous manner, showing a sense of urgency; always keeping our products front and centre.
- Flexibility, Agility, Adaptability - Adapts to changes; changes strategy in response to new information; responds appropriately and quickly without having all parameters defined; demonstrate tolerance for speed and uncertainty.
- Team Work and Collaboration - Uses appropriate interpersonal styles and methods of communication to gain agreement or acceptance of a plan or activity. Is effective in building constructive relationships; uses tact; interacts with others in an open, friendly manner, encourages collaboration.
- Passion for Excellence – Always looks for ways to improve effectiveness or efficiency, making recommendation to increase productivity in quality of work; develops innovative solutions, challenges the status quo. To be the best, never compromising.
- Drives Execution - Takes risks, learn from their mistakes, builds trust and is a role model to others. Has a “hands-on” style; is aggressive in achieving desired results.
Energizes and Mobilizes Team Members
- Team Member Selection – Takes ownership for selecting the right talent for the right role.
- Team Member Development – Continually develops and upgrades team members; coaching and sharing knowledge and experience, uses appropriate style and methods in enabling team to be successful.
- Team Member Engagement – Creates an environment where people enjoy working hard towards achieving mission, including creating an environment of fun and celebration while delivering results.
Creates Winning Relationships
- Performance and Development Feedback – Communicates clear performance expectations, providing feedback in a straight forward and timely manner.
- Empowerment – Delegates effectively, providing support and opportunities for growth through empowering others.
- Change Management – Communicates change positively and seeks to enable change. Generates excitement to inspire others. Always communicating in an open manner.
- Consensus Building – Is effective at consensus building, always doing what is right for the business. Adheres to our mindset of no politics.