As the Talent and Development (T&D) Team Member Advisor, your main priority is to ensure a Healthy and Engaged Manufacturing environment. You will be responsible for providing execution and ongoing support of all Human Resources policies, procedures and processes, ensuring consistency in all of our people practices. You will actively work with your manufacturing leadership teams and our recruitment agency partners to maintain optimal staffing levels, as well as provide support to Team Members. The T&D Team Member Advisor works closely with the Talent and Development Business Partner at their location to provide comprehensive human resources support to their team. Previous experience in a human resources environment within a manufacturing plant or warehouse is mandatory.
- Works closely with Manufacturing Leaders and Team Members by having an active presence on the plant floor to drive Human Resources programs, processes and policies to continuously enhance working relationships, build engagement and increase retention.
- Execute and institutionalize all Talent and Development engagement and improvement initiatives
- Advise Manufacturing Leaders on Team Member relations issues, ie. performance management, attendance management, respectful workplace and code of conduct
- Support Progressive Discipline process including investigations, documentation, recommendations and coaching/issuance of discipline with Manufacturing Leaders
- Act as first point of contact for all hourly Team Members on all Team Member relations questions, concerns and issues
o Investigate/respond to Team Members in a timely manner ensuring follow-up and closure of each case
- Maintains in-depth knowledge of legal requirements related to day to day management of Team Members reducing legal risks and ensuring regulatory compliance
- Utilize and be proficient in full process of all HR systems (ADP, Navex, etc.)
- Work closely with Manufacturing Leaders to determine staffing requirements
- Acts as contact for recruitment agency partners including:
o overseeing agency communications
o on board new agency Team Members
o works with Manufacturing and agencies to ensure day to day manpower needs are met follow-up on any agency Team Member issues
- o work with T&D Business Partner and Manufacturing Leaders to create agency action plans for staffing challenges and issues as well as continuous improvement
- Support any location specific audits
- Support Onboarding of FGF Team Members
- Responsible to ensure accurate recordkeeping of Team Members within HRIS system and Time and Attendance System including errors and issues
- In conjunction with all key stakeholders, problem solve and trouble shoot any issues or challenges
- Actively participates and support Health & Safety initiatives: act as an advocate for programs
- Assist with T&D/Manufacturing projects as assigned
The successful candidate will be results-oriented, thrive in a fast paced, demanding environment, and have the ability to develop positive working relationships with all Team Members and Leaders.
- 3 to 5 years related experience in Human Resources, in a large Manufacturing Environment or Warehouse
- Strong understanding of employment legislation specific to Ontario. (i.e.) Employment Standards Act, Occupational Health and Safety Act, etc.
- Excellent interpersonal skills: ability to deal with and diffuse difficult situations and personalities
- Strong ability to communicate well with team and influence at various levels
- Able to provide solutions to Manufacturing Leaders and influence them on decisions
- Strong understanding and ability to institutionalize HR policies/procedures and Team Member relations
- Proven competency in the operation of key office software and productivity tools such as: MS Office suite of tools, working knowledge of an HRIS.
- Ability to take the initiative, analyze and problem solve
- Strong investigation skills and sound judgement are required
- Ability to multi-task and meet deadlines
- Valid driver’s license and vehicle required
- Customer and Product Centricity - Responds to the needs of both internal and external customers in a timely and courteous manner, showing a sense of urgency; always keeping our products front and centre.
- Flexibility, Agility, Adaptability - Adapts to changes; changes strategy in response to new information; responds appropriately and quickly without having all parameters defined; demonstrate tolerance for speed and uncertainty.
- Team Work and Collaboration - Uses appropriate interpersonal styles and methods of communication to gain agreement or acceptance of a plan or activity. Is effective in building constructive relationships; uses tact; interacts with others in an open, friendly manner, encourages collaboration.
- Passion for Excellence – Always looks for ways to improve effectiveness or efficiency, making recommendation to increase productivity in quality of work; develops innovative solutions, challenges the status quo. To be the best, never compromising.
- Drives Execution - Takes risks, learn from their mistakes, builds trust and is a role model to others. Has a “hands-on” style; is aggressive in achieving desired results.