Reporting to the Site Leader and Corporate Sanitation Leader, as the Site Sanitation Leader you will provide hands-on leadership to the Sanitation Team on all shifts at your own site to ensure all related tasks are performed properly. This includes cleanliness of the plant and external premises, all equipment, machinery and utensils in the production process. You will be responsible to ensure all your Team Leaders and Team member follow FGF’s food safety guidelines while completing their work.
Leads by example and fosters an environment of mutual respect and team work among Team Members
Conduct pre-shift huddles and provides feedback for Team Members
- Leads, coaches, mentors and trains Sanitation Team Leaders
- Coordinates all sanitation activities to accomplish sanitation practices according to Sanitation Standard Operating Procedures (SSOP’s)
- Maintains daily, weekly, and monthly sanitation records
- Leads sanitation personnel onsite and ensuring daily requirements/procedures are carried out
- Conducts SWAP test as necessary
- Must be a demonstrated decision-maker who easily interacts with others
- Collects regular water samples, check PH levels and maintain accurate records
- Maintains excellent working relationships with internal departments, external customers and suppliers
- Follows GMP’s, Food and Health and Safety Regulations
- Performs all job responsibilities under the strictest guidelines of the BRC food safety standards
Ensures all chemicals used in the cleaning process are mixed with a proper solution according to the suppliers’ specifications
Ensures Health & Safety and Food Safety principles are followed and adhered to
Performs other duties as assigned
Minimum 3-4 years of production leadership OR sanitation leadership experience (we will train in sanitation) preferrably in a food related manufacturing environment
Must be a demonstrated leader who easily interacts with others and is adept at leading and motivating a team to meet demands established by the schedule
Must have excellent interpersonal, organizational, communication skills, along with simple mathematical abilities
Accuracy and attention to detail and the ability to detect the presence of a sanitation issue
Scissor Lift license is an asset
Familiar with internal and external inspections
Ability to manage difficult people
Ability to work independently with minimal supervision
Flexible to work days, afternoons, nights & weekends if needed
Working knowledge of GMP's, HACCP, BRC & O.H.S.A required
Strong computer skills, including Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, Outlook)
Post-secondary education an asset
- Customer and Product Centricity - Responds to the needs of both internal and external customers in a timely and courteous manner, showing a sense of urgency; always keeping our products front and centre.
- Flexibility, Agility, Adaptability - Adapts to changes; changes strategy in response to new information; responds appropriately and quickly without having all parameters defined; demonstrate tolerance for speed and uncertainty.
- Team Work and Collaboration - Uses appropriate interpersonal styles and methods of communication to gain agreement or acceptance of a plan or activity. Is effective in building constructive relationships; uses tact; interacts with others in an open, friendly manner, encourages collaboration.
- Passion for Excellence – Always looks for ways to improve effectiveness or efficiency, making recommendation to increase productivity in quality of work; develops innovative solutions, challenges the status quo. To be the best, never compromising.
- Drives Execution - Takes risks, learn from their mistakes, builds trust and is a role model to others. Has a “hands-on” style; is aggressive in achieving desired results.
Energizes and Mobilizes Team Members
- Team Member Selection – Takes ownership for selecting the right talent for the right role.
- Team Member Development – Continually develops and upgrades team members; coaching and sharing knowledge and experience, uses appropriate style and methods in enabling team to be successful.
- Team Member Engagement – Creates an environment where people enjoy working hard towards achieving mission, including creating an environment of fun and celebration while delivering results.
Creates Winning Relationships
- Performance and Development Feedback – Communicates clear performance expectations, providing feedback in a straight forward and timely manner.
- Empowerment – Delegates effectively, providing support and opportunities for growth through empowering others.
- Change Management – Communicates change positively and seeks to enable change. Generates excitement to inspire others. Always communicating in an open manner.
- Consensus Building – Is effective at consensus building, always doing what is right for the business. Adheres to our mindset of no politics.