The Industrial Electrician is responsible for providing overall electrical support to our plant operations, production; manufacturing and building electrical systems to ensure continuous operations.
- Install, maintain, test electrical equipment, PLC ‘s, low and high voltage building systems, and instrumentation.
- Ability to troubleshoot and diagnose PLC’s (Siemens, Allen Bradley, etc.)
- Modify existing equipment in order to improve performance.
- Must be able to work night shift and weekends
- Follow all GMP, Health & Safety, Food Safety & Environmental Standards
- Must be an Ontario Licensed Electrician
- Must be able to work all shifts, including weekends
- Experience with retrofits; modifications; overhaul of equipment
- Minimum 2 years industrial electrician experience
- Past experience in a food manufacturing facility is a definite asset
- Experience with wiring systems; panels; etc.
- Good command of the English language required
- Computer literate (MS Office)
- Customer and Product Centricity - Responds to the needs of both internal and external customers in a timely and courteous manner, showing a sense of urgency; always keeping our products front and centre.
- Flexibility, Agility, Adaptability - Adapts to changes; changes strategy in response to new information; responds appropriately and quickly without having all parameters defined; demonstrate tolerance for speed and uncertainty.
- Team Work and Collaboration - Uses appropriate interpersonal styles and methods of communication to gain agreement or acceptance of a plan or activity. Is effective in building constructive relationships; uses tact; interacts with others in an open, friendly manner, encourages collaboration.
- Passion for Excellence – Always looks for ways to improve effectiveness or efficiency, making recommendation to increase productivity in quality of work; develops innovative solutions, challenges the status quo. To be the best, never compromising.
- Drives Execution - Takes risks, learn from their mistakes, builds trust and is a role model to others. Has a “hands-on” style; is aggressive in achieving desired results.