The Maintenance Mechanic is responsible for providing overall mechanical support to the production group in the areas of packaging as well as processing and facilities to ensure continuous operations.
- Modify, repair, install, maintain, improve, and troubleshoot various types of machinery, equipment and facilities in the processing & packaging departments
- Diagnose mechanical problems, provide quick & innovative solutions for mechanical equipment breakdowns by applying proven skills in the principles of mechanics, fitting, plumbing, basic welding, metal fabrication, machining, troubleshooting, an analytical problem solving
- Experience with drill press, grinder, saws, and all other machine shop tools
- Setup, takedown, and relocation of bakery and packaging equipment
- Perform preventative maintenance and safety inspections
- Provide solution to routine or unique equipment problems
- Promptly respond to equipment related issues with customer oriented manner
- Millwright License or equivalent experience
- Minimum 4 years mechanical experience in a high speed packaging and/or manufacturing environment (food industry is highly preferred)
- Excellent knowledge of Health & Safety and Lockout Procedures
- Working knowledge of computerized maintenance management software
- Good knowledge of preventative maintenance programs
- Strong computer skills (Word, Excel, Outlook)
- Experience with electrical systems
- Basic Electrical skills (Licensed Electrician an asset)
- Willingness to work continental shift work
- Customer and Product Centricity - Responds to the needs of both internal and external customers in a timely and courteous manner, showing a sense of urgency; always keeping our products front and centre.
- Flexibility, Agility, Adaptability - Adapts to changes; changes strategy in response to new information; responds appropriately and quickly without having all parameters defined; demonstrate tolerance for speed and uncertainty.
- Team Work and Collaboration - Uses appropriate interpersonal styles and methods of communication to gain agreement or acceptance of a plan or activity. Is effective in building constructive relationships; uses tact; interacts with others in an open, friendly manner, encourages collaboration.
- Passion for Excellence – Always looks for ways to improve effectiveness or efficiency, making recommendation to increase productivity in quality of work; develops innovative solutions, challenges the status quo. To be the best, never compromising.
- Drives Execution - Takes risks, learn from their mistakes, builds trust and is a role model to others. Has a “hands-on” style; is aggressive in achieving desired results.