As a Quality Assurance Technician, you will perform day-to-day quality assurance activities such as inspections, internal audits, recommending corrective actions, research and reports all within a fast paced food manufacturing environment.
- Perform process checks throughout the production, packaging, sanitation and warehouse functions of the company including GMP, metal detection, label and coding verification, general hygiene and safety, as well as in process and finished product weights
- Document all QA activities accurately and timely
- Conduct verification of the proper functioning of testing equipment such as thermometers and scales
- Continuously assesses the results of inspection findings and react in a timely manner to communicate potential problems to Team leader and QA Team Leader
- Prepare reports/summaries and communicates results to QA Team Leader and others as necessary
- Implement Hold procedures for suspect product and or product evaluations and testing
- Collect and submits samples for laboratory analysis
- Assist with the development and delivery of Quality / Food Safety Training for manufacturing and support teams
- Assist with investigations, consumer/customer complaints
- Assist and provides support during third part audits
- Participate in plant trials and other related duties and responsibilities assigned
- 2+ years’ experience in a QA position, preferably for a food manufacturer.
- Post-secondary education in a relevant field
- Strong computer skills (Word, Excel, Outlook)
- Knowledge of food safety (HACCP) programs, GMP programs and Quality Systems
- Experience with BRC an asset
- Customer and Product Centricity - Responds to the needs of both internal and external customers in a timely and courteous manner, showing a sense of urgency; always keeping our products front and centre.
- Flexibility, Agility, Adaptability - Adapts to changes; changes strategy in response to new information; responds appropriately and quickly without having all parameters defined; demonstrate tolerance for speed and uncertainty.
- Team Work and Collaboration - Uses appropriate interpersonal styles and methods of communication to gain agreement or acceptance of a plan or activity. Is effective in building constructive relationships; uses tact; interacts with others in an open, friendly manner, encourages collaboration.
- Passion for Excellence – Always looks for ways to improve effectiveness or efficiency, making recommendation to increase productivity in quality of work; develops innovative solutions, challenges the status quo. To be the best, never compromising.
- Drives Execution - Takes risks, learn from their mistakes, builds trust and is a role model to others. Has a “hands-on” style; is aggressive in achieving desired results.