Reporting to the Shift Leader and Operations Leader, the Line Leader - Production will provide hands-on leadership on a production shift within the plant to ensure production schedules are met safely and on time all within a fast-paced food manufacturing environment.
- Leads by example and fosters an environment of mutual respect and team work among Team Members
- Conduct pre-shift huddles and provides feedback for Team Leaders
- Responsible for leading Team Leaders in addition to production crew on one or more production lines
- Leads, coaches, mentors and trains Leaders and Team Members
- Ensures production schedules are met and deals with problems that may occur
- Co-ordinates the various department schedules, products and manpower to ensure that the production in the plant runs smoothly
- Checks throughout shift to ensure that proper methods and procedures are being used and that quality, safety, environment standards are being met
- Leads, coaches, mentors and trains Team Leaders, and other Team Members as needed
- Ensures that a safe working environment is maintained at all times by enforcing Company standards and following up on regular inspections
- Assists in all testing of new equipment, methods and or products, as well as trouble shoot processes and equipment
- Utilizes the OMS system to help achieve production targets
- Assists Shift Leader in ensuring KPIs are met daily
- Follows and enforce all GMP’s and Safety Procedures as outlined by fgf brands
- Acts as a backup to Shift Leader when necessary
- Additional responsibilities may be added to better satisfy needs of the business
- Minimum 2-3 years of experience working in a manufacturing environment (food/bakery experience is desirable)
- Must be a demonstrated leader who easily interacts with others and is adept at leading and motivating a team to meet demands established by the schedule
- Must have excellent interpersonal, organizational, communication skills, along with simple mathematical abilities
- Ability to manage difficult people
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision
- Flexible to work days, afternoons, nights & weekends if needed
- Working knowledge of GMP's, HACCP & O.H.S.A is required
- Strong computer skills, including Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, Outlook)
- Post-secondary education is an asset
- Customer and Product Centricity - Responds to the needs of both internal and external customers in a timely and courteous manner, showing a sense of urgency; always keeping our products front and centre.
- Flexibility, Agility, Adaptability - Adapts to changes; changes strategy in response to new information; responds appropriately and quickly without having all parameters defined; demonstrate tolerance for speed and uncertainty.
- Team Work and Collaboration - Uses appropriate interpersonal styles and methods of communication to gain agreement or acceptance of a plan or activity. Is effective in building constructive relationships; uses tact; interacts with others in an open, friendly manner, encourages collaboration.
- Passion for Excellence – Always looks for ways to improve effectiveness or efficiency, making recommendation to increase productivity in quality of work; develops innovative solutions, challenges the status quo. To be the best, never compromising.
- Drives Execution - Takes risks, learn from their mistakes, builds trust and is a role model to others. Has a “hands-on” style; is aggressive in achieving desired results.
Energizes and Mobilizes Team Members
- Team Member Selection – Takes ownership for selecting the right talent for the right role.
- Team Member Development – Continually develops and upgrades team members; coaching and sharing knowledge and experience, uses appropriate style and methods in enabling team to be successful.
- Team Member Engagement – Creates an environment where people enjoy working hard towards achieving mission, including creating an environment of fun and celebration while delivering results.
Creates Winning Relationships
- Performance and Development Feedback – Communicates clear performance expectations, providing feedback in a straight forward and timely manner.
- Empowerment – Delegates effectively, providing support and opportunities for growth through empowering others.
- Change Management – Communicates change positively and seeks to enable change. Generates excitement to inspire others. Always communicating in an open manner.
- Consensus Building – Is effective at consensus building, always doing what is right for the business. Adheres to our mindset of no politics.