Reporting to the Site Leader, Operations Leader, and the Shipping & Receiving Team Leader, the Team Member - Forklift Operator is responsible for operating a Raymond Reach Forklift in a safe and efficient manner within a food manufacturing environment.
- Operates Raymond Reach and/or Counter Balance trucks to transport, stage, load and unload finished products and raw materials onto and off trailers
- Picking orders using the Raymond Reach truck and a RF scanner gun
- Operates pallet wrapping machines
- Works in a safe manner and follows all GMP’s, Safe Operating Procedures, and Health and Safety Policies as outlined by fgf brands at all times
- Ensures Operations Management System (OMS) procedures are being followed (entering inventory into the operating system)
- Responsible for daily inventory control
- Reports food safety/ quality problems to the Quality Assurance team
- Performs lift truck daily inspection as per standard operating procedures
- Performs other duties as assigned
Required Skills and Experience
- Must have a valid forklift operator license (Counter Balance / Raymond Reach) from a recognized training provider
- 1 year of experience working in a manufacturing environment (food/bakery experience is desirable)
- RF scanning experience
- Ability to work in a freezer environment
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision
- Ability to move from one task to another with minimal distraction
- Accuracy and attention to detail and the ability to detect the presence of a quality issue
- Good communication skills (Paperwork and documentation are part of the job responsibilities)
- Must be punctual and flexible to work days, afternoons, nights & weekends if needed
- Strong team player
- Customer and Product Centricity - Responds to the needs of both internal and external customers in a timely and courteous manner, showing a sense of urgency; always keeping our products front and centre.
- Flexibility, Agility, Adaptability - Adapts to changes; changes strategy in response to new information; responds appropriately and quickly without having all parameters defined; demonstrate tolerance for speed and uncertainty.
- Team Work and Collaboration - Uses appropriate interpersonal styles and methods of communication to gain agreement or acceptance of a plan or activity. Is effective in building constructive relationships; uses tact; interacts with others in an open, friendly manner, encourages collaboration.
- Passion for Excellence – Always looks for ways to improve effectiveness or efficiency, making recommendation to increase productivity in quality of work; develops innovative solutions, challenges the status quo. To be the best, never compromising.
- Drives Execution - Takes risks, learn from their mistakes, builds trust and is a role model to others. Has a “hands-on” style; is aggressive in achieving desired results.