Reporting to the Sanitation Team Leader, the Team Member – Sanitation is responsible for assisting Sanitation Operator with cleaning series of industrial ovens, machinery and equipment along with other duties in a timely manner while meeting all standards set forth by FGF.
In this position you will work in a team environment led by a Team Leader. You will support your Team Leader by demonstrating and practicing team work every day and respect all your fellow Team Members.
- Assists with the timely and properly cleanliness of the equipment, machinery, floors and utensils in all the areas of the plant
- Assists the Line Leader in cleaning the production and packing lines as needed
- Ensures timely garbage removal
- Ensures all equipment, machinery, utensils and all the areas of the plant have been cleaned properly according with the SOP’S
- Operates Sky Jack to clean hard to reach areas
- Collaborates effectively with all internal groups/teams
- Must adhere to company GMP’s and Health and Safety Regulations
- Performs all job responsibilities under the strictest guidelines of the BRC food safety standards
- Performs other duties as assigned
Required Skills and Experience
- 1 year experience working in a sanitation environment (food/bakery experience is desirable)
- Scissor Lift license is an asset
- Previous experience in a sanitation environment using chemicals approved for CFIA is an asset
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision
- Good communication skills
- Physically capable of performing the demands of the role
- Ability to move from one task to another with minimal distraction
- Weekend work will be required for this position
- Customer and Product Centricity - Responds to the needs of both internal and external customers in a timely and courteous manner, showing a sense of urgency; always keeping our products front and centre.
- Flexibility, Agility, Adaptability - Adapts to changes; changes strategy in response to new information; responds appropriately and quickly without having all parameters defined; demonstrate tolerance for speed and uncertainty.
- Team Work and Collaboration - Uses appropriate interpersonal styles and methods of communication to gain agreement or acceptance of a plan or activity. Is effective in building constructive relationships; uses tact; interacts with others in an open, friendly manner, encourages collaboration.
- Passion for Excellence – Always looks for ways to improve effectiveness or efficiency, making recommendation to increase productivity in quality of work; develops innovative solutions, challenges the status quo. To be the best, never compromising.
- Drives Execution - Takes risks, learn from their mistakes, builds trust and is a role model to others. Has a “hands-on” style; is aggressive in achieving desired results.