As a member of the R&D team, you will help develop bakery products which can be reproduced in a large scale food bakery manufacturing environment.
- Assist in the development of new bakery products from concept approval, formulation, product development, plant trial runs to launch and post-launch review by collaborating with marketing, sales, project management, QA and production
- Manage multiple development projects and timelines.
- Lead multiple Plant Trials (ie. preparing specifications and guidelines for production department)
- Accurately document recipes and results of pilot and plant trials
- Modify recipes as required to meet nutritional/quality specifications & optimize scale up
- Assist in formulation and development of new products to match business, customer, regulatory and cost guidelines
- Keep current on bakery product trends and consumer trends
- 1 year experience (co-op or internship considered) in R&D or product development for a food manufacturer preferably Breads and/or Baked Goods
- Experience managing projects
- B. Sc. in Food Science or Food Chemistry or related discipline required
- Passion for Food!
- Knowledge of functional ingredients
- Strong computer skills (MS Office)
- Must have valid driver's license and vehicle
- Customer and Product Centricity - Responds to the needs of both internal and external customers in a timely and courteous manner, showing a sense of urgency; always keeping our products front and centre.
- Flexibility, Agility, Adaptability - Adapts to changes; changes strategy in response to new information; responds appropriately and quickly without having all parameters defined; demonstrate tolerance for speed and uncertainty.
- Team Work and Collaboration - Uses appropriate interpersonal styles and methods of communication to gain agreement or acceptance of a plan or activity. Is effective in building constructive relationships; uses tact; interacts with others in an open, friendly manner, encourages collaboration.
- Passion for Excellence – Always looks for ways to improve effectiveness or efficiency, making recommendation to increase productivity in quality of work; develops innovative solutions, challenges the status quo. To be the best, never compromising.
- Drives Execution - Takes risks, learn from their mistakes, builds trust and is a role model to others. Has a “hands-on” style; is aggressive in achieving desired results.