We’re a naan traditional company…
What is the recipe for a great career at FGF?
Working at FGF Brands, there is never a dull moment! As a successful company that is continually growing there is always challenging yet rewarding work to be a part of. We have an entrepreneurial mindset which encourages all our team members to use their own creativity and out of the box thinking to come up with solutions and new ideas.
Let’s be frank. FGF is not for everybody. Our culture is unique. We dive headfirst into the unknown. If you’re fun-loving, talented and fearless, we’re for you.
What FGF Offers:
- Disruptive and a naan-traditional mindset
- An inclusive and dynamic culture
- Accelerated career progression
- Commitment to learning and development
- Opportunity to be impactful
- Competitive compensation
Cleaning Lead Hand:
The Cleaning Lead Hand is responsible for the sanitation and organization of all equipment, machinery and utensils used in the production process as well as the cleanliness of the plant and external premises. As well as providing hands-on leadership on a specific sanitation shift within the plant.
- Leads by example and fosters an environment of mutual respect and team work among Team Members
- Conduct pre-shift huddles and provides feedback for Team Members
- Ensures Health & Safety and Food Safety principles are followed and adhered to
- Leads, coaches, mentors and trains Sanitation Team Members
- Coordinates all sanitation activities to accomplish sanitation practices according to Sanitation Standard Operating Procedures (SSOP’s)
- Maintains daily, weekly, and monthly sanitation records
- Leads sanitation personnel onsite and ensuring daily requirements/procedures are carried out
- Conducts SWAP test as necessary
- Must be a demonstrated decision-maker who easily interacts with others
- Collects regular water samples, check PH levels and maintain accurate records
- Maintains excellent working relationships with internal departments, external customers and suppliers
- Follows GMP’s, Food and Health and Safety Regulations
- Performs all job responsibilities under the strictest guidelines of the BRC food safety standards
- Ensures all chemicals used in the cleaning process are mixed with a proper solution according to the suppliers’ specifications
- Performs other duties as assigned
- Minimum 1-2 years of experience working in a sanitation environment (food/bakery experience is desirable)
- Previous experience in a sanitation environment using chemicals approved for CFIA is an asset
- Accuracy and attention to detail and the ability to detect the presence of a sanitation issue
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision
- Good communication skills
- Scissor Lift license is an asset
- Familiar with internal and external inspections
- Physically capable of performing the demands of the role
- Ability to move from one task to another with minimal distraction
- Flexible to work morning, evening, night shifts, weekends and holidays
We’re foodies and our passion is baked in…
- Customer and Product Centricity – You are always keeping our products front and center.
- Flexibility, Agility, Adaptability – You embrace speed, change and uncertainty.
- Team Work and Collaboration – You are a relationship builder.
- Passion for Excellence – You look for innovative solutions and challenges the status quo.
- Drives Execution – You are a risk taker!
Follow us on LinkedIn Follow us on Glassdoor Follow us on Instagram
Disclaimer: The above describes the general responsibilities, required knowledge and skills. Please keep in mind that other duties may be added or this description may be amended at any time.